We have an exciting opportunity to join our fast-growing Nano One team. The opportunity is a hybrid role with the objective to support our Accounting Manager with daily office operations and accounts payable activities. If you are passionate about people and providing the best customer experience is your cup of tea, this may be the role for you! In this role, you will play a key role in fostering a welcoming and positive environment for all employees and visitors. In addition to this, you will need to solve problems with your outstanding communication skills and ability to think on your feet. The accounting aspect of the role will require you to draw on your ability to manage priorities and apply your detail orientation to accurately enter and manage information.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the successful individual will:
- Enter accounts payable data
- Reconcile bank & credit statements
- Maintain of our filing system
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Prepare check runs and obtain signatures
- Assist with monthly and quarter end tasks, including income accruals, purchase orders, and financial audits.
- Grow relationships with vendors and suppliers through timely payment and ensure completeness of accruals for payables
- Assist the Accounting Manager as needed.
- Manage our reception operations and act as the first point of contact for visitors, employees and vendors
- Maintain efficient functioning of our Burnaby office includes office space planning, contractors’ management and relations, and oversight of our office systems i.e., security systems
- Cultivate an efficient and a positive office environment and employee experience
- Identify and fulfill office supply needs
- Keep the office clean, stocked, and organized
- Support social events
- 3-5 years experience in accounts payable or accounts receivable
- Understand basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Prior experience thriving in an administrative capacity in a fast-paced office environment. Working with scientist and engineers is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using accounting software; QuickBooks would be an asset
- Strong computer skills including data entry with detail orientation
- Familiarity and basic to intermediate knowledge of word and excel
If you feel like you may be a good fit for our team, we want to hear from you. You can submit your resume at HR@nanoone.ca