Bookkeeper / Office Coordinator
Nano One Materials Corp. is a small, dynamic clean-tech company with a suite of technologies for the synthesis of novel materials. We are currently developing novel lithium-ion battery cathode materials with unique properties and are scaling up the process on a path to the commercialization of our technology.
With over 20 members of staff, most of whom work in the research, development and pilot plant teams, Nano One has created a community of dedicated scientists and material science engineers passionate about their work. We have a collaborative management philosophy and a corporate culture that celebrates diversity fostering a community spirit.
We are currently looking for a multi-talented Bookkeeper/Office Coordinator to provide support to the Senior Management Team, financial, administrative support to the Financial Controller and general reception duties. They will report directly to the Financial Controller of the company, while working within a team atmosphere, contributing to and supported by all employees in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities, at any one time you may be involved in the following tasks:
- Administer accounts payable: Recordkeeping, Cheque Runs, Wire Transfers and Cheques Deposits
- Review and verify accuracy of invoices and expense statements
- Process accounts and credit applications
- Coordinate payroll process and track vacation, sick days and days in lieu
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system (QuickBooks related)
- Reconciliation of accounts, expense reports and company credit cards
- Manage Petty Cash
- Follow up with Vendors regarding Credits, Invoices, Purchases, Applications
- Organize office operations and procedures, and managing the physical office space
- The first point of contact and point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
To be successful, you will need to be calm under pressure, have a can-do approach, love learning and be adept in the following:
- Minimum of two years of Accounts Payable experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of full cycle accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- QuickBooks experience is an asset
- Some formal education in accounting or finance
- Familiar with month-end and year-end reporting procedures as required
- High proficiency in MS Office suite (i.e. Excel, Outlook)
- Comprehensive experience and skills in technical accounting/bookkeeping
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Responsible, proactive, problem-solver and team player
- Full time preferred
We will offer a competitive salary, an excellent work environment and a fun, collaborative culture. We encourage competent, qualified and interested candidates to apply with a resume and cover letter outlining why they are the best candidate for this position by following the link to the application form. We thank all the candidates who submit resumes, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.