The world is transforming, and we intend to play an integral part in accelerating the worlds transition to sustainable energy. Nano One Materials Corporation (NANO) is a dynamic “clean tech” company with a technology for the synthesis of lithium-ion battery materials. We are currently developing novel cathode materials and are scaling up to commercialize our technology.
The position is responsible for timely purchasing of materials, components, parts and equipment while keeping right inventory and negotiating quotations and contracts. Maintains relationships with suppliers, recommends changes in purchasing procedures to improve quality, and/or reduce cost. Additionally Develops and executes on replenishment strategies:
- Ensures materials are ordered and in stock while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
- Source new supplier partnerships as well as create and maintain vendor partnerships
- Qualifies suppliers, communicates material/product specifications, and assesses supplier’s ability to meet engineering and R&D requirements.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the R&D cycle to determine required materials purchases and to maintain inventory at planned levels
- Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Evaluates vendor reliability and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, materials, or chemical engineering
- Previous experience in purchasing/planning
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-packed environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Organized, self-motivated team player, able to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge base of key supply chain concepts
- Excellent negotiation skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject title “Buyer”