Lab Technician position at Nano One Materials Corp.
The world is transforming, and we intend to play an integral part in accelerating the worlds transition to sustainable energy. Nano One Materials Corporation (NNO) is dynamic “clean tech” company synthesizing lithium ion battery materials. We are currently developing novel cathode materials and are scaling up to commercialize our technology.
Working in the research and development, you will get an opportunity to be part of our cutting-edge sustainable technology that improves the durability and safety of lithium battery cathode materials. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with our dynamic team of scientists and engineers. We provide a thriving work environment for individuals that take pride in their work and contributions.
Why Nano One is a great opportunity:
- Learn about all parts of the battery development cycle under one roof – from initial prototyping to all the way to final manufacturing of the cathode materials.
- Carve your own path and develop the skills you need from experienced scientists, engineers, and technologists. We are a small team and you will receive cross functional experience to help you diversify your skills.
- Learn our single step process that makes our technology simpler and effective that is impacting the automotive industry.
- Synthesize and characterize the cathode materials.
- Fabricate, assemble, and electrochemically test the cell for performance and durability.
- Conduct physical characterization of nanoscale materials using a variety of techniques.
- Interpret and report on results from various analytical techniques.
- Work with engineers, technicians, and company leaders to scale and commercialize Nano One technology.
- Other related duties as necessary that further the candidate’s longer-term career aspirations and goals.
- A technical diploma in a relevant discipline or a Bachelors in chemistry, electrochemistry, material science, and/or solid-state physics.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a collaborative R&D team environment is a preferred requirement for this position.
- Hands-on experience with tools, laboratory apparatus and analytical equipment.
- Understanding of ion and/or electron transport within materials.
- Candidates with proficiency in Li-ion battery technology and familiarity with methods for testing active materials is an asset.
- Proficiency in the principles and techniques for a range of methods in materials characterization (e.g., XRD,TGA, SEM, EDX, XPS, FTIR, GC/MS, CV, ICPMS).
The world is transforming, and we intend to the rainmakers of the next battery decade. If you feel like you may be a good fit for our team, we want to hear from you. You can submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org