Nano One is looking for an experienced laboratory technician with proven laboratory experience, and an interest in industrial technology development.
The successful candidate will have a diploma or bachelors degree in a relevant discipline and will work on a variety of ongoing projects providing support to our team of dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians currently engaged in developing lithium-ion cathode processing technologies.
The candidate will be involved in the synthesis and characterization of high capacity, high voltage cathode materials including the creation of battery cells for testing: working in the synthesis, structural characterization, electrochemical characterization, and scale-up production for commercial purposes.
The successful candidate will join the commercialization effort to control and reliably tune the nanostructure and interfacial chemistries of cathode materials for optimal electrochemical performance and scaled-up production.
Nano One has a collaborative leadership culture. Candidates with previous experience working in an R&D lab are preferred.
This is a contract position with the option to renew to a permanent contract of employment.
The applicant’s duties would initially involve participating in activities that include:
- Synthesis of cathode materials including but not limited to NMC, LMNO and LFP.
- Battery test cell assembly and electrochemical characterization testing.
- Test plans and problem-solving as necessary.
- Characterizing nanoscale materials using a variety of techniques.
- Working with engineers, technicians and company leaders to scale and commercialize Nano One technology.
- Other related duties as necessary that further the candidate’s longer-term career aspirations and goals.
- A minimum of 2-5 years experience working in a collaborative R&D team environment is a preferred requirement of this position.
- A technical diploma in a relevant discipline or a Bachelors in chemistry, electrochemistry, material science, and/or solid-state physics.
- Candidates with Industry or equivalent hands-on experience with Li-ion energy storage technologies and preferred.
- Hands-on experience with tools, laboratory apparatus and analytical equipment.
- Understanding of ion and/or electron transport within materials.
- Candidates with proficiency in Li-ion battery technology and familiarity with methods for testing active materials are preferred.
- Proficiency in the principles and techniques for a range of methods in materials characterization (e.g., XRD, TGA, SEM, EDX, XPS, FTIR, GC/MS, CV, ICPMS).
- Detailed and methodical approach.
- Technically adept.
- Self-starter, ability to establish realistic deadlines, and demonstrated time-management skills.
- Proven team player.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter explaining why they are the best candidate for this position.
Nano One is a young, dynamic company developing scalable industrial processing technology for the low-cost production of high-performance nanostructured lithium-ion battery cathode materials. Once we have successfully demonstrated at bench scale, our state of the art pilot plant simulates full-scale production.
The pilot makes use of equipment common to the industry and is designed with flexibility to demonstrate a variety of processing concepts for the production of all cathode materials, including lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide, high voltage spinel, and lithium iron phosphate.