Nano One is seeking a dedicated and energetic Process Engineer with experience in aqueous, hydrometallurgical or electrochemical processes. The successful candidate will work with the company to develop the pilot plant and lead the development of operating procedures and safety documentation for the plant. They will be part of the team leading the operation of the plant and any subsequent process modifications to accommodate process improvements and different materials. The engineer will also work closely with the research and development group to transfer lab-scale processes to pilot scale and communicate internally and externally with customers.
- Work with Nano One and its collaborative partners to simulate full-scale production of lithium-ion cathode materials for energy storage and electric vehicle applications.
- Creating process flow diagrams, equipment sizing and specifications, mass and energy balance for current NNO processes.
- Liaise with Nano One’s collaborative partners to develop and understand design, operating procedures and documentation of Nano One’s pilot plant and to oversee the transfer of knowledge.
- Provide design and site modifications to the pilot plant to accommodate process improvements and new materials.
- Work with research groups to transfer lab processes and operational parameters to the pilot scale.
- Communicate with internal and external parties to help demonstrate the value of the pilot plant.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in process engineering or equivalent.
- Approximately 5 years of’ industry or equivalent hands-on experience in process engineering and plant operation. PEng is required.
- Thorough understanding of mass flow and balance, chemical streams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Experience with scaling R&D projects for commercial production. Experience in root-cause analysis.
- Experience with hydro-metallurgical and/or electrochemical processes.
- Proven time-management and organizational skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- The ability to lead and motivate others, work in a team environment and be a self-starter, while delivering to a timeline.
Interested applicants should indicate the desired role and submit a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nano One is a young, dynamic company developing scalable industrial processing technology for the low-cost production of high-performance nanostructured lithium-ion battery cathode materials. We have a pilot plant to simulate full-scale production and are doing so with the support of the Government of Canada and industrial engineering collaborators. The pilot makes use of equipment common to industry and is designed with the flexibility to demonstrate a variety of processing concepts to produce all cathode materials, including lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide, high voltage spinel and lithium iron phosphate.